Union County Cattlemen Offering Scholarships for Local Agriculture Students
UNION COUNTY – (Release from the Union County Cattlemen’s Association) The Union County Cattlemen’s Association has established a scholarship fund from the generous donations of the association members to support future generations of those committed to serving in an agricultural field. The goal is to provide this scholarship annually to students in Union County who are seeking post-high school education and training in any agricultural field.
Scholarship Requirements & Application Process:
- Who’s Eligible:
- Any Union County senior who is graduating from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Graduates must be planning to attend a post-high school training or educational institution, pursuing a certificate or degree in agriculture.
- What’s Offered:
- Two scholarships will be awarded in 2023 in the amount of $1000 to $2,500 each. The scholarship committee will determine the award amount based on the quality of candidates.
- What’s Required:
- Complete application, including the essay question and the following supporting documents:
- High school transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, adviser, employer, or community leader.
- Submit application and all required documents by:
- April 14th, 2023 (Must be received by this date)
- Deliver or Mail to:
Intermountain Livestock Exchange
60654 Livestock Rd.
La Grande, OR 97850
- Must be received by noon on April 14th
- Scholarship Interview:
- The scholarship committee will select the top applicants and conduct interviews the first two weeks of May.
- Students will be notified of the interview date, time, and location by April 30th.
- Scholarship Awarding Process:
- The scholarship committee will select the top two applicants and the award amounts based on the application materials and the interview process.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of May.
- A representative from the Union County Cattlemen’s Association will present the scholarship award at a local scholarship award ceremony or graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must successfully complete fall term or their 1st semester of school to receive the scholarship. Proof of enrollment/fall term or 1st semester transcript (including the address of the school’s financial aid office) must be provided to the Union County Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship Committee by December 15, 2023.
- Once this document is received the scholarship award will be mailed to the designated school.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to the annual Union County Cattlemen’s Banquet and are encouraged to share their appreciation with the membership at the banquet.
- The banquet will be held in December and the scholarship recipients will receive information regarding the date, time, and location in the fall of 2023.
- For more information or questions:
- Contact Union County Cattlemen’s Association Member:
- Andy Wilber, Scholarship Committee Chair