Sidewalk improvement project begins in John Day
JOHN DAY – (Press Release from the Oregon Department of Transportation)
Work on the sidewalk improvement project along U.S. 395-C (South Canyon Boulevard) in John Day has begun. This safety improvement project is funded in part by the Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program. This project improves conditions for children who walk or bike to school. Project work includes:
- New sidewalks built to current ADA standards.
- Wider bicycle lane.
- Curbs and gutters for stormwater runoff.
- Stormwater facilities.
Crews are onsite in June to install manholes, inlets and pipes. Watch for work crews on the west shoulder between SW Sixth Avenue and the entrance of Grant Union High School.
What you can expect during construction
As this project continues, you can expect to see the following impacts:
- Intermittent single lane closures.
- Delays up to 20 minutes.
Crews are scheduled to work Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This project is scheduled for completion early October 2022.
Stay in touch
We will share more detailed construction information as the project moves forward.
- Visit the project webpage: S. 395: Sidewalk Improvement – John Day.
- Check TripCheck.com for up-to-date traffic impacts during construction.