Burns/Hines, Or (Released from Burns Fire Department)-With winter in full effect this week, we here at the #burnsfiredepartment wanted to share some vital safety tips when heating your home.
Always plug your space heaters or other heating products directly into an outlet, NEVER use an extension cord or power strip.
Keep the heater at least 3 feet away from any combustible items.
Space heaters should be turned off and unplugged when you leave the room or go to bed.
Place the heater on a solid, flat surface. Make sure your heater has an auto shut-off to turn the heater off if it tips over.