Portland man who sex trafficked in Kennewick pleads guilty

By on Monday, November 10th, 2025 in Columbia Basin News Columbia Basin Top Stories

PORTLAND – Eric Lamont Harris, 50, of Portland has pleaded guilty to one count of transportation with the intent to engage in prostitution, three counts of sex trafficking of a child, and one count of sexual exploitation of children. He entered the guilty plea on the fourth day of his jury trial in federal court in Portland.

According to court documents, Harris began trafficking his 16-year-old and 17-year-old victims in 2022. He brought both of them to a hotel in Kennewick intending for them to engage in prostitution at a hotel he had booked there. Both victims had been reported as missing. He also was charged with sex trafficking with a third 17-year-old girl in the same year.

Prosecutors say that each of the victims lived with Harris and gave him the proceeds from the prostitution. It was said that Harris earned thousands of dollars from the exploitation of the under-age victims.

“This guilty plea is a first step in providing some form of closure to the victims and their loved ones,” Federal Bureau of Investigation Portland Special Agent in Charge Doug Olson said.

Harris faces a maximum sentence of life in prison, a $250,000 fine, and if he is released from prison he will serve a life term of supervision. He will be sentenced on Jan. 29, 2026.

The case was investigated by the FBI, the Portland Police Bureau, the Kennewick Police Department, and the Medford Police Department.