House fire investigation continues

By on Wednesday, August 11th, 2021 in Columbia Basin News More Top Stories

COLLEGE PLACE – One home was destroyed and another damaged after a garage reportedly exploded in College Place Monday. It happened around 2 p.m. on the 300 block of Northeast Redwood Place.

The explosion sent the garage door where the fire originated airborne. It landed in a yard across the street.

College Place Fire Marshal John Boose said the fire doesn’t appear to be suspicious but that the investigation is ongoing. He added that no humans were injured, but two pets lost their lives.

The College Place Fire Department was assisted by the Walla Walla Fire Department and Walla Walla County Fire District No. 4.

Photo compliments of Kevin Donovan