Harney District Hospital revises visitor guidelines
Harney County, Or-We are pleased to announce that the Visitor Restrictions for Harney District Hospital (HDH), HDH Family Care Clinic, and NewSun Energy & Harney District Hospital Specialty Care Clinic were recently revised to allow patients to have additional visitors in some circumstances.
ONE VISITOR WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MEDICAL PROVIDER WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE PATIENT’S CARE.
INPATIENTS who are on isolation precautions for suspected/positive COVID-19 may NOT have visitors unless:
• They are end-of-life. This designation will be determined by the medical provider who is in charge of the patient’s care. TWO individuals may visit these patients at a time. Each person may only visit once per day.
• They are hospitalized patients who are under the age of 18. These patients may have TWO parent or guardian visitors.
• They need assistance due to a disability. ONE essential individual may visit these patients each day. All other INPATIENTS may have TWO visitors AT A TIME. Visitors will be permitted to come and go, as needed.
OBSTETRICS (OB) patients may have ONE primary support person and one additional visitor, at the discretion of the provider who is in charge of the patient’s care.
Hospital OUTPATIENTS may have ONE visitor.
Surgery patients may have ONE visitor during pre-op and recovery.
CLINIC patients may have ONE visitor.
• Have no fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, vomiting, or diarrhea. If they start to experience these symptoms, they must leave the facility. • Stay in the patient’s room.
• Not loiter anywhere on campus.
• Wear a mask (if they are 5 and over) the entire time they are in the facility in order to protect our patients and staff. Those who do not wear a mask will be asked to leave.
• Frequently perform hand hygiene.
VISITING HOURS ARE FROM 8 A.M. TO 8 P.M.