Firefighters investigate smoke at McLoughlin High School

By on Thursday, March 14th, 2024 in Columbia Basin News More Top Stories

MILTON-FREEWATER – Firefighters responded Thursday morning to reports of smoke detected in the building of McLoughlin High School in Milton-Freewater. Superintendent Aaron Duff said it was determined that the source of the smoke was from an HVAC unit motor.

Duff has confirmed that it is safe for all students and staff to remain on campus.

“There have been no injuries reported, and the swift response of our fire department and first responders has been instrumental in ensuring the safety of our school community,” Duff said.

Repair personnel will be on-site at the school to address the issue with the HVAC unit motor.

“We anticipate minimal disruption to the school day, and classes will continue as scheduled,” Duff added.

File photo