By Terry Murry on Monday, May 18th, 2026 in Columbia Basin News Columbia Basin Top Stories
PENDLETON – The Pendleton Budget Committee was supposed to have two more meetings this week (Tuesday and Thursday), but that might not be enough. City Manager Robb Corbett said he considers it likely that another meeting will be scheduled for Friday. All the meetings are at the Vert Little Theater, 480 S.W. Dorion Ave. at 7 a.m.
The committee has received the budget message from Corbett and is working its way through the plan for the 2026-27 fiscal year. Copies of the budget were not available until Tuesday of last week in time for the committee’s first meeting.
General fund expenses are lower than last year. Corbett says that is in part because the building department has been removed from the spending plan. That one-person department has remained vacant after over a year of attempting to fill the position. The city has contracted with the state for building services.
The budget committee is comprised of nine citizen volunteers, the mayor, and the city council. Copies of the budget for the city and for the Pendleton Development Commission are posted at Budgets | Pendleton OR.